google10fa0980c6101c7f.html The Many Faces of Death: DEATH By Hockey Puck - Brittanie Cecil, USA

☠☠ WARNING! ☠

The stories mentioned on this site are of real deaths (famous or otherwise), and may contain graphic pics, text and/or videos. This site is NOT for the squeamish or Faint of Heart! You have been warned.

Strange as their stories may be, they were flesh and blood once, and were loved by people who knew them. Let's respect the deaths of those who have been mentioned....

Friday, January 10, 2014

10 DEATH By Hockey Puck - Brittanie Cecil, USA

You see the fights all the time on the ice but who would have thought a great sport such as hockey could result in tragedy - not in the rink, but out - to a beautiful, innocent, young fan. It's been almost 12 years already but I still remember the day I read about this unfortunate incident.

Brittanie Nichole Cecil
Brittanie Nichole Cecil (March 20, 1988 – March 18, 2002) was a hockey fan who died from injuries suffered when a puck was deflected into the stands and struck her in the left temple at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, on March 16, 2002.


Death
A few days before her birthday and as an early gift by her dad for her 14th birthday, Brittanie was given tickets to see the Columbus Blue Jackets play the Calgary Flames on March 16, 2002.  Brittanie, along with her stepmother, was seated in row S, section 121, when she saw something flying through the air. She had no clue a hockey puck was heading for her until it hit her in the head, right above her nose which then deflected off another fan. The unfortunate flying puck was the result of a shot made by the Blue Jackets' Espen Knutsen which was deflected by the Flames' Derek Morris which went over the glass behind the net.




Brittanie after the incident
Play carried on as the players were unaware of having inadvertently caused any serious injury. In fact, although Brittanie had suffered a skull fracture, she walked to a first-aid station before being taken to Columbus Children's Hospital in an ambulance with her only visible injury being a gash on her forehead. At the hospital, she suffered an initial seizure and was admitted, but the next day she appeared to be recovering, both communicative and ambulatory, and without complaints of pain or dizziness.  As a matter of fact, both sides of her family were celebrating her birthday by having a party in the hospital room. There was cake and ice cream, along with presents, including some last-minute stuffed animals from the hospital gift shop. Then that night, things started to change for the worse. Brittanie complained of a headache to Jody and her stepmom, who took turns monitoring her through the early-morning hours.

By dawn, Jody would talk to her daughter, who could only hum a response.

"I knew she was still in there," Jody said.

Brittanie eventually faded into a coma from which she would never emerge.
Espen Knutsen

She died that afternoon of internal bleeding on the brain.

A CT-scan, it seemed, had failed to catch a torn vertebral artery, resulting in severe clotting and swelling of the brain. On March 18, she developed a high fever and lost consciousness. County Coroner, Brad Lewis believed that the swelling became so severe that it compressed the three other main arteries that supply blood to the brain. By the time doctors performed an angiogram that revealed the blocked arteries, they were powerless to reverse the damage. She died nearly 48 hours after being struck, at 5:15 p.m. on March 18, 2002, two days before her 14th birthday.




Did You Know?

  • This unfortunate tragedy was the first and currently the only fan fatality in the NHL's 85-year history.
  • After Brittanie's funeral, one man called their home asking if he could have a clump of Brittanie's hair so he could clone her.
  • Attending the funeral was Blue Jackets general manager Doug MacLean, who spoke on behalf of the team although Espen Knutsen claimed later he regret not attending: "I wish I could have looked Brittanie's family in the eye and told them how sorry I was for their loss. Yeah, maybe there would have been some kind of closure."
  • To date, Knutsen is the only Norwegian to have played in the NHL All-Star Game. 
  • Because of Brittanie's death, the league implemented mandatory netting at either end of the rink in every stadium at the beginning of the next NHL season in 2002–03 to protect spectators from errant pucks.



Brittanie Nichole Cecil Memorial Scholarship Fund 




Via | Via |


10 comments:

  1. There is a similar case like Brittanie Cecil in Hockey: James Kent Leeward. Leeward tried to avoid the grandstands but he died and many more spectators are dead and many more injured, and Leeward was a hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I've been searching for help on how to get rid of my ex lover that broke up with me 5 months ago and scamming me of my hard earn money .. I was traumatized by the incidence  and nearly wanted to commit suicide because i was left with nothing but i thank God that i got the contact of Lord noble  the spiritual father that helped me to get ride of my ex lover that scammed me after much searching of help from different places. When i got in touch with Lord noble, i explained everything to him and he gave me his words of encouragement and told me what i wanted , if i need him back or i need revenge and i told him i want him dead because the wicked must not go unpunished so lord noble prepare a death spell on him and within 48 hours my ex lover was found dead in his apartment with a suicide note  and since that day i became a happy woman and now i have regain all that i have lost in the past with the help of lord Noble . If you need any assistance whatsoever like getting cured from sickness and diseases, getting back with your ex lover, getting pregnant, E.T.C. Then, I suggest that you get in touch with Lord noble now through his Email ID: peterwiseherbalcenter at gmail. com and WhatsApp him on + 2349 05961 0643 for more information. Thank you.

      Delete
    2. Save Your Relationship and Get Your Ex Boyfriend/Girlfriend Back! contact Dr Abaka is certainly the best spell caster online and his result is 100% guarantee

      It's a privilege to share this miraculous testimony to the world. I'm from Thailand. My husband divorced me 3 months back and i have been filled with remorse for i didn't know what to do to amend issues with my husband. I searched for help on the internet on how i could get help in my marriage and i discovered great testifiers about Dr Abaka who has been progressive with his spells. I got in touch with him and behold, Dr Abaka told me that he will prepare a spell for me that will bring back my husband. I was skeptical but i had no other option but to work with him. 2 days after, my husband called me that he's coming back home and from that day till this moment, we have been living peacefully. He is back now with so much love and caring. today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the powers of bringing lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband,and the most surprise,is that our love is very strong,every day is happiness and joy. and there is nothing like been with the man you love. I will highly recommend Dr Abaka to anyone out there who needs help whatsoever.if you have any problem contact Email: drabakaspelltemple@gmail.com Or write him on Whats app: +2349063230051, i give you 100% guarantee that he will help you!!.

      Delete
  2. Hi everyone, I am Sharon. from Poland I want to use this medium to appreciate Dr Ogbeifun the great black magic death spells caster for the successful death spells he cast on someone for me. I contacted him when my husband left me for another woman who uses witchcraft power to take my husband. I was desperately in need of help when I found his contacts online about his genuine powers. I told him my situation and how I wanted the bitch who took my husband gone. He told me not to worry. He cast the death spells ritual on her and the bitch died in her sleep within 24hours. Now my husband is back home and we are living happily. Thank you so much Dr Ogbeifun, You are so real and true. Below is his contacts in case you want to contacts him
    Call/WhatsApp: +2348102574680 Email: ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone, I am Sharon. from Poland I want to use this medium to appreciate Dr Ogbeifun the great black magic death spells caster for the successful death spells he cast on someone for me. I contacted him when my husband left me for another woman who uses witchcraft power to take my husband. I was desperately in need of help when I found his contacts online about his genuine powers. I told him my situation and how I wanted the bitch who took my husband gone. He told me not to worry. He cast the death spells ritual on her and the bitch died in her sleep within 24hours. Now my husband is back home and we are living happily. Thank you so much Dr Ogbeifun, You are so real and true. Below is his contacts in case you want to contacts him
    Call/WhatsApp: +2348102574680 Email: ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to testify of this great death spell caster. This great man helped me cast a death spell on my wicked step father and just within 24hours the wicked man had a motor crash and died. All thanks to this great death spell caster called dr oselumen. You too can contact him now for an urgent death spell cast on anyone via Email droselumen@gmail.com call or add him on whatsapp +2348054265852.
    contact dr oselumen today for any spell , court case spell , love spell , money spell , deliverance spell , healing spell,spell to remove black magic out of your life , family and marriage problem.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you desperately need an honest and real death spell caster who can help you cast a perfect death spell on anyone then contact this great death spell caster called Dr Ogbifun He saved my marriage when he helped me cast a death spell on the lady that almost took my husband completely away from me and the kids. just within 24hours after the casting the bitch died in her sleeping bed. You too can try this man also,
    Call/WhatsApp: +2348102574680
    Email: ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com DOCTOR OGBEIFUN CAN AS WELL HELP THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS
    1. HIV/AIDS CURE
    2. HERPES CURE
    3. PENIS ENLARGEMENT
    4. PREGNANCY SPELL
    5. SPELL TO PREVENT CORONA VIRUS
    get all your problem solve..No problem is too big for
    him to solve..Contact him now

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you desperately need an honest and real death spell caster who can help you cast a perfect death spell on anyone then contact this great death spell caster called Dr Ogbifun He saved my marriage when he helped me cast a death spell on the lady that almost took my husband completely away from me and the kids. just within 24hours after the casting the bitch died in her sleeping bed. You too can try this man also,
    Call/WhatsApp: +2348102574680
    Email: ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com DOCTOR OGBEIFUN CAN AS WELL HELP THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS
    1. HIV/AIDS CURE
    2. HERPES CURE
    3. PENIS ENLARGEMENT
    4. PREGNANCY SPELL
    5. SPELL TO PREVENT CORONA VIRUS
    get all your problem solve..No problem is too big for
    him to solve..Contact him now

    ReplyDelete
  7. A big thanks to Dr Oselumen i never believe that there still exist a real death spell caster after all this years of disappointment from the enormous spammers on the Internet who go about scamming people, until i was opportune to meet Dr Oselumen a real spell caster, through a close friend called Jennifer who Dr oselumen had helped before, when i contacted him with his email via droselumen@gmail.com i explain how my ex have been giving me problem in my marriage, she never allowed me a moment of peace, and i need to end it by killing her, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week my ex was dead, she slept and never woke up all thanks to Dr Oselumen indeed he's really a humble man. you can contact dr oselumen for any death spell, such as to kill your superior in the office and take his or her place, death spell to kill your father and inherit his wealth ,death spell to kill anyone who have scammed you in the past ,spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via Email droselumen@gmail.com call or add him on whatsapp +2348054265852.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to recommend Dr Jude the best online love spell I know. Dr Jude always helps people who are going through a difficult relationship, or marriages. I promised to share his great work of how he helped me get my husband back to me. I was totally broken when my husband left me and the kids for the past 1 year and 4 months it was so hard for me to move on and I almost gave up on him if not for a friend who directed me to Dr Jude, and Dr Jude assured me I was going to get my husband back after the spells have been cast, and truly it all happened the way Dr jude said it and my husband came back within 17hours... the way Dr jude said it I have never see such a truthful and reliable person are still online like Jude reach out to jude personal live whatsAp number at +2348140443360 or email writelovespell@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete